- Arrange the players in two or more lines spread across the floor
facing the coach.
- The coach demonstrates good defensive positioning (right foot slightly
in front, knees bent, right hand ready to steal, left hand ready to block
- The coach slides from left to right, and the players should mirror the
- Divide the court in half lengthwise down the middle by using cones.
- Make two lines at the baseline, in the center of each half-court.
- The first player in the line is one defense, and moves back about
- The next player in line is on offense. The offensive player's goal
is to run past the defensive player to half-court without being touched.
- The defensive player should not run forward to tag the offense, but
should concentrate on moving from side to side to cut off the running
- The offensive player should make zig-zag moves to try to fake the
- Keep the same player on defense for 3 or 4 turns, then switch to