- #1 - Press the ball after crossing half-court (3 point line in
training league). Force ball to their left (your right).
- #2 & #3 - Guard a smaller player who is playing away from the
- #4 & #5 - Guard a taller player who is playing close to the basket.
- Everyone - Rebounds - Grab the ball!
- Everyone - If you make a steal, stop and pass to #1.
- #1 - Make good passes to the wings. If the defense plays back,
dribble in as far as you can and then pass off. If the defense picks up
at half-court, make a pass to the wing after crossing half-court, then
look for a pass back.
- #2 & #5 - Stay spread out when waiting for a pass. Move to get
open. If the ball is passed to the opposite wing, cut across to the free
throw line and look for a pass.
- #3 - Get the rebounds and put the ball back up. Make a move to
get open before shooting.
- #4 - Start out low and wide. Move to the middle and post
up. Get your hand up to receive a pass.
- Wings and Point - Swing the ball from one side of the court to
the other, quickly. Players will be open on the weak side.
- "SHOT" - When the other team shoots, yell "Shot". #2 breaks
for the other basket.
- REBOUND - Grab the ball, turn, and pass to #1 without dribbling.
- MADE BASKET - If other team scores, #5 gets ball, throws in
right away to #1.
- DEFENSE TO OFFENSE - Hustle down the floor in your lanes.
- OFFENSE TO DEFENSE - Run back to center of free throw lane, then
- TRIPLE THREAT - When you catch a pass, turn, face the basket, and
get in the triple threat position.
- THROW-INS - #5 hustles to the ref, gets the ball, and throws in
quickly. Other players move quickly to catch pass (or line up if under
- DEFENSIVE STANCE - Keep knees bent. Point to the player you are
guarding with one hand. Point to the ball with the other hand.