Pistol Pete's Pointers
From Ball Handling Video
- Ball handling skills create confidence, and the result will be
more poise on the court.
- As running gets your legs in shape, ball handling drills get your
arms in shape.
- If you care enough to give your best effort, your example may be
- If you really want to win a place on the team, pay with your
dedication all through the off-season.
- Master your emotions; drop no tears over your inadequacies, but play
hard to remedy them.
- Good ball handling is the backbone of good team work.
- Basketball is a game of habit. Learn to react, to anticipate -
strive to the limits of your ability.
- The player who is content just to get by in practice will in games
cheat himself and his teammates.
- You can't go full speed in a game if you're unwilling to go full
speed in practice.
From Dribbling Video
- No athlete can play his best if he doesn't train his best. The
player who practices half-heartedly will probably play that way.
- When you stop learning, you stop improving. Listen to your coach,
because you still have much to learn.
- To give a top-notch performance, you must be in top-notch