THIRD GRADE GIRLS
TRAINING LEAGUE RULES
St. Thomas will provide the game ball and scorekeepers.
- For the safety of the girls, no jewelry should be worn during the games.
- No pressing will be allowed at any time.
- The defensive team may NOT pick up the offensive team before the ball
penetrates the top of the key. Once this happens, the defensive team may
defend all the way to the mid-court line.
- Five (5) seconds will be allowed in the lane instead of the customary
- During the first four weeks of the season, the league will employ the
"forgiveness" rule. Under this rule, any violation that would normally
result in a change of possession (e.g. traveling, double dribble, 5 seconds
in the lane) will be called but the offensive team will retain the ball.
- The free throw line will be the short black line in the lane. This
will be 12' from the basket (3' closer than regulation free thow line).
The girls will be allowed to jump over the line in the process of shooting.
- Free throws will be shot on all shooting fouls and on every foul
starting with the seventh team fould of each half. There will be NO two
shot fouls after the tenth team foul in each half.
- Games will consist of four 8 minute quarters. The clock will run
continuously with the exception of the last minute of the game.
- Each team will be alotted two timeouts per half. Any unused timeouts
in the first half will NOT be carried over into the second half.
- If the store is tied after four quarters have been played, the game
will end in a tie. There will be NO overtime.
The referees are high school students and I'm sure that they will do a good
job. Please exhibit good sportsmanship and be patient with them.
In the case of bad weather, the league coordinator will call the team
managers if the games are cancelled.
Please address any problems to the league coordinators (Doug Buehler and
Kevin Mehegan) who will be present in the gym on scheduled game
Douglas P. Buehler
3655 Viembra Dr.
Florissant, MO 63034